Thursday 16 January 2014

First Concert, and many more to come

This year is probably the biggest year for concerts for me. My first concert was on October 25th 2012, and I went to go see one of my favorite bands, The Smashing Pumpkins. They played at the ACC and it was a really long concert coming in at around 2 hours. This year I plan on going to so many more shows. Concerts are a really good way to meet new people and have fun. Music in general is an amazing outlet for personality development. It also inspired me to to do other things like play the guitar! after seeing my first show I was able to experience the true power of live music and the connection with the audience. So because of this experience, I have planned to see many shows. On January 31 I plan to go see The Bare Naked Ladies play at Massey Hall, and in march I was invited to go see the Misfits play! Finally me and 5 friends have decided to go see Black Sabbath in April! (one of my favorites) I hope to experience new things and meet new people with a common interest and that's why I think everyone should be able to experience live shows of the people they listen to.

2 comments:

  1. Concerts are literally the bomb. Nothing gives a better high then the energy of live music with a thriving crowd! I mean the majority of my concerts have been Justin Bieber (4 and counting), which of course to some are not appealing at all, but I have had my fair share of rock concerts whether it being my brothers band in our backyard, or multiple pop punk bands in small venues. Regardless if I keep up my concert addiction, my bank account will stay empty but my heart will remain full ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely agree that music is an amazing outlet. Through music I've learned so much about myself and I plan on playing for the rest of my life. A lot of people assume that every teenage guy must play some sort of sport and that is the only outlet that teen guys have (not that there's anything wrong with playing sports). I've now played 3 instruments for at least 2 years. I personally haven't been to any concerts other than local bands at smaller venues, but I definitely understand what you mean.

    ReplyDelete